Run In A Million Ticker

Friday, March 18, 2011

Has this happened to you?

It has been so warm and beautiful this week, you couldn't help but get outside to run.

This week, while trying to do just that. I ran into a 'little' bit of a problem. Living in the rural part of NJ where I do, there's a lot of wild life in the area. I've had deer in my front yard, groundhogs living in the woods behind my house, even a bear picking through the garbage in my garage.


But this week, while out on my run - got attached by a dog


No, not a Labrador or Golden or even Shepard that chewed its way loose....no, a Chihuahua! 

I thought I was doing the right thing by talking friendly to it and shoo-ing it away. But it kept coming like a linebacker pursuing a rookie quarterback....or a cougar chasing antelope in the outback.... (well you get the idea).

Well, because of it - I now have a few punctures on my leg, a nice bruise and reminder to not bend down and greet the dog, like I would my own dog -- but to think quicker and maybe carry a stick?!

What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment