Run In A Million Ticker

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Part I of "Passion and Pace: Journal of a Newbie Runner

Meet Liz.

Liz is a runner, just like you and me.

She's training to run her first Half-Marathon this fall and has decided to log her training and share it here. From the highs of accomplishing new distances -- to the not-so-highs, like the fear of conquering a new, longer distance. 

I hope her account of her running journey will motivate you to keep to your summer running schedule and to inspire you to shoot and strive for new challenges and accomplishments.

Enjoy it - and keep running!


Name: Liz M.
Location: NJ
Age: Forty....and fabulous  (but still 25 mentally)
Running Mileage: 15-20 miles per week or 3-5 days/week
Long(est) Run: 9.5 miles - Rutgers "Half" Marathon
Running Goal: Philly Rock'n'Roll Half OR Atlantic City Half (depends on Football!)
Longer Term Running Goal:  Run healthy and for a long, long time. 
Bucket List Race:  Disney Half marathon, Chicago Half marathon


May 25, 2011 – DAY ONE of Summer running

There’s nothing like running on the boardwalk alongside the ocean, whether it’s warm and sunny or even cool and damp.  It is so relaxing to run and just hear the waves crashing and my feet tapping the wood.  The scent of saltwater in the air is refreshing as well.  As much as I wanted to sleep in, I knew I had to just get out there and reconnect with the boardwalk again.  I walked 3 blocks to the beach to absorb the serenity of the shore town before the madness of Memorial Day Weekend.  In a loose tank top and mid-calf running pants, I was ready.  Not worried about pace or breathing techniques or even form, I just wanted to run.  After revisiting the old sites I used to pass last summer, I felt a sense of reconnection, a sense of familiarity.  I was ready to start my summer running again.

1 comment: