Run In A Million Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Treadmill back in business?!



12 months of not working...
4 calls to Sears repairline...
20 minute service call...
and a total of 2,500 miles on the treadmill -- 

...now it's back in business!


I really didn't know what to expect when service FINALLY did get scheduled and showed up to repair my less-than-modern treadmill. Sure, it would have been easier to scrap it and just buy a new a year ago when it started to stutter and slip.

Last year, I did train outdoors leading up to the Superhero half marathon in May -- and luckily I had access to a small gym at work. With the cold weather not relenting in January and everything else that gets in the way -- it was not really conducive to getting to the gym for a run, so it was time to finally do something about it.



After some debate - and even comments from some of you - I went against the grain and called repair. After 20 minutes to tinkering, tightening and lubricating (the treadmill) -- I was back in business. I even got an extra tube of 'treadmill stuff', which the retailer would charge me $90 for about 2oz of the stuff to use on the treadmill belt.

With the recent weather being as warm as it's been in the northeast, there's not been a tremendous need to use the treadmill. Especially when you consider the fact I've run outdoors in the snow & 20 degree weather during the last year. But add to that the recurring calf injury--and all of a sudden, I welcome the steadiness and level surface of the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment