Run In A Million Ticker

Friday, March 16, 2012

Let the training begin!


I've recently got my training back on course and really getting over my last injury - which I hope will not be a recurring one. I'm encouraged with not only being able to run pain-free a few times a week, but also to be increasing the intensity of my pace.

So of course, we start to dream and aspire to greater, loftier race goals.

I even went as far as signing up for a race (more than a month in advance). Which happens to be the Superhero Half Marathon in Morristown, NJ.  In the last few years, I've been a race-day entry kinda guy-which stinks because you usually miss the swag bag 70% of the time.  So signing up so far in advance is quite an uncommon occurence for me these days.

But my lofty ideas didn't stop there---no. After reading  about the different marathons you've all signed up for and the posts on the Disney half and Elaine's rigorous race schedule (an ultra bookended with a couple of marathons) and the ultra at South Mountain, I thought--hey I used run in the woods for hours with the Hash House Harriers (H3), looking for flour & chalk marks, just to have a beer--then, maybe I can do this afterall?!

Do you think they'll mind if I'm yelling "on-on!" and "check" at each of the intersections during the race? RU?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment