Run In A Million Ticker

Monday, October 29, 2012

If you haven't run outside yet today ..... Don't


In anticipation of the next few days being shut indoors with kids who are already "bored" and don't know what to do with themselves; going for a run outside (even during hurricane force winds) sounded like a good alternative.

With hurricane Sandy coming up the east coast, I knew there wasn't much time for delay or indecisiveness to get outside this morning. While the Weather Centers are predicting the worst part of the storm to hit my area in NJ closer to 5pm, I know that at any point, the storm surges could easily pick up and come crashing through the area making it extremely dangerous and risky to be outside.

Fortunately, since this a blog - and not a live news feed - I don't feel the need to stand in 8 inches of ocean water down the shore; while getting pelted with rain and wind; as 10 foot waves crash behind me to tell you; "it's bad out there". But let me reiterate it for you again, in case you missed it.

...as I sit here in the warmth of my home, with a cup of coffee as I attempt not to gorge myself on every bit of food in the house...
"It's bad out there".

So if you do plan to run, head to your local NYSC, Planet Fitness or local gym and play it safe. You're well beyond that 'safe period' of engaging in pre-storm activities outside; unless that includes filling sandbags, moving outdoor furniture or tying down loose lawn items to prohibit them from crashing through your picture windows.

Run safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment