Run In A Million Ticker

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The on-going challenge: FitBit....OR the on-going FitBit challenge?


There's two sides to every story.
And in the case of this running technology, there's even more sides.


While I understand the value of tracking steps and maintaining some level of 'activity' - using a FitBit is a great way to track that activity. However, for runners who go out and run +20 miles each week, is it providing any additional value or data? Especially, when I'm already equipped to track my progress with my watch or other apps using either a Garmin, TomTom or one of the many web-based sites or fitness apps.






In June of this year, the company I work for started a FitBit challenge. The challenge allowed you to compete as individuals or teams to achieve the highest average number of steps in a given period of time. Well, 3 'contests' later, much to my own surprise, I'm still wearing the FitBit.

I didn't have any milestones in mind when I started. And I still don't have any particular goals for my FitBit tracking. But I've recently realized that since starting this in the beginning of June, that I've logged close to 2.6 million steps.






Now, I have a goal to set and try to achieve. By the end of this month (November) my goal is to log the remaining 400,000 steps. And by the end of December, to hit 1 million more steps that I have today - bringing me to 3,578,192 since June 6th . Not only will my #RunEveryDay efforts contribute to this, but now I can keep active during the crazy month of December, which usually puts a lot of us off our training schedules.

So I challenge you -- to come up with a challenge for Nov-Dec to keep running!

Keep on running!




No comments:

Post a Comment