Run In A Million Ticker

Saturday, April 18, 2015

It's over...FitBit

Almost a year ago I finally succumbed to peer pressure at work and got a FitBit, which was part of a work wellness challenge. It was supposed to be for a few months and then I was going to let it go.

After getting started, it was a little addictive to check my steps and miles. I did find myself intentionally walking around the house on weekends, to ensure that I would build enough steps, or to volunteer getting up to get something, just to add steps..



However, I quickly discovered that it did not accurately track my running. The walking was ok, but for some reason it couldn't keep pace with the running. I tried to change arms. Carry the FitBit in my pocket or do anything that would provide a more accurate reading. On a 4 or 5 mile run, it could be off by almost a mile. So I constantly had to monitor, verify and update whatever the app had captured.

Now, after a few months of wearing the band and after so many times of putting the battery back in, I've finally cracked the side of the band. I've had to move to the smaller band, that came with the package, which is a bit more snug. But honestly, I'm too over it to buy another set of bands for the FitBit. Instead, I put the smaller band in my pocket to keep tracking my steps.


That is until the past week. Whenever I go to check my steps, the display in the app registers 0 steps, even though the battery is full and the some of the other elements, like calories are still calculating.

I think given the current active lifestyle I have, between my running and coaching - I'm probably not the intended target market for this product since I already have a good sense of much daily activity I'm logging and not really living a sedentary lifestyle.

So for now, it's goodbye FitBit, it's been interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment