Run In A Million Ticker

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Finding my Work-Life-Run balance


If the frequency of updates to this blog is any indication, I think it's fair to say that Work-Life-Run balance has not existed for me -- and perhaps the same for others reading this blog. As we all try to keep up with the daily grind of work and home, getting kids to sports/activities, school events, getting through holidays, etc - it is often that we all sacrifice things to help ourselves for the benefit of others.

I was fortunate enough to attend a great leadership session with the team @CCLdotOrg in Colorado Springs a few weeks back and it helped put a great new perspective on this balance. For starters, “self” has to be a priority. In order to achieve this I’ve tried to eliminate any other potential pitfalls to finding the time to run, including:

• bought a new pair of running shoes-so now I can’t wait to run!
• I also bought a new pair for my son as well, so we can run together 
• ‘dusted off’ the treadmill and removed any hanging laundry ;)
• allocated time on my schedule weekly, to carve out time to run

Now, all I need to do is to pick a race to target, so I have a running goal and to keep up writing and posting, to keep myself moving forward.

Happy running!





No comments:

Post a Comment