Run In A Million Ticker

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

Every year around this time, we all reflect upon the year past. We look at how many races we did, the accomplishments and even look at the races we missed that maybe next year we'll try.

For me, this was a tough year for injury. I've been trying to run around a calf-strain since mid-year that I haven't properly cared for that flares up on and off. Running a 5K back in June, on an already hurt leg - I still finished the race, even though my calf seized up in pain after the first mile (and even placed in my age group).

Knowing that the doctor would tell me not to run, I've tried to stay off it, but it always seems to come back as strong as the last time and puts me on the sideline and is even painful to walk. So I'm resolving the following:

-to take care of my injury properly so that I can continue to train and race

-run smarter (which for each of us, means something slightly different)

-I do still have my target races (like the SuperHero Half and NJM, perhaps other half- or marathons; pending schedules and injury)

So goodbye to 2011 and all the training ups and downs...
and looking forward to a healthier 2012!

Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment