Run In A Million Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What I learned from the #RunEveryDay challenge

I've posted a few times about my progress on this challenge. I've also posted almost daily now for over 50 days after each run. The #RunEveryDay challenge from Nike running was designed to be a 30 day challenge during the month of April.

What happened was something even bigger!





I shared the NIKE link in March and was pleasantly surprised when friends and family decided they were going to participate.  Sounds great, right? Best part...most were not runners. So they started to walk 1 mile each day. From there they kept building.

After a week I was excited for them...
Two weeks, I suspected some might stop posting their progress -- but they didn't...
Into the third week it became principal that we couldn't be the first to quit...
at the end of the fourth week they were all so jazzed -- they decided to continue...

Fast forward to today, +56 days in and the handful that we started with are still going strong.

In the last few weeks I've learned the things that I know as a runner but had forgotten, such as; 
  • pacing yourself is important
  • distance is not everything 
  • how fast you finish your run isn't always the most important part
  • adding another 0.25 or 0.5 won't matter in the big picture


Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment