Run In A Million Ticker

Monday, January 12, 2015

Reinventing my on-going FitBit challenge


A few months ago I posted the number of steps I had taken through our corporate FitBit challenge. My goal was to hit 1 million steps - in less than a month. That would prove to be an aggressive task, given it would be over the holidays and during the winter.



On December 31st, I checked my progress.



Unfortunately, I fell short of the 1 million steps in one month that I had set out to accomplish, however, in less than 6 months using the FitBit, I was able to log 3.0 million steps in total.

At the beginning of this challenge (in June) - I had already pre-determined that I would wear and use the FitBit for the challenge only, then give it up at the end of the summer. 

Now 6 months later, I am continuing to find ways to reinvent this challenge. Although I am no longer competing against other business colleagues, I am finding new ways to use the FitBit to challenge my own running and training. 







For the next 6 months, my goal is to exceed the 3.0mm steps I logged during the first 6 months of this challenge. One day at a time...

Keep running! Or "stepping" in this case!





No comments:

Post a Comment