Run In A Million Ticker

Sunday, March 1, 2015

You know it's been a while since you've run when...

Despite the forecast for more winter weather and a little bit of a snow squall this morning, I decided to get myself outside for a change. With all the snow and cold weather in the Northeast, it's not been easy to get outdoors -- especially when the roads haven't been cleared to run on.



Normally, I would just grab a pair of shorts and a top, head downstairs and get on the treadmill. All my gear has found it's way to the top of the drawer, since it's gotten more use in the last couple weeks. But as I was preparing for my run, I realized a couple things:

  • my 'new' shoes, which are now a month old have not been worn outside
  • my running watch (GPS) had no charge left in it, since it's been idle so long
  • couldn't find outdoor gear - running hat & gloves
  • wasn't sure on how many layers I should be running with
It's been a while since I've run outdoors. Not since those unseasonably warm days we had between Christmas and New Years of last year. But since it's the start of March, there's no time like the present to get myself going, especially if I want to be able to run long later this spring!

So layer up. And get out there!







No comments:

Post a Comment