Run In A Million Ticker

Thursday, January 27, 2011

great finds...

Recently, my only training has been shoveling snow and running the dog up the hill in snow boots, in the snowy pitch-black night.But while doing some shopping at Sports Authority, I came across their clearance tables of running shoes. Normally I wouldn't give it a second look -- but this time, I happen to see TWO FULL TABLES of running shoes. And knowing that I'm trying to get started in my training - I took a closer look.

I do prefer to go to Road Runner Sports or Fleet Feet for my shoes. Although the shoes they carry are no different, its been my experience that the service and attention to your running needs are better met in these specialty stores.

But anyway, for just $30 (after coupon) I found these 1150 ASICS

They might not be the latest model, but for $30 an extra pair of shoes in the winter to rotate during training can't be beat!

I highly recommend a 2nd (or even 3rd) pair of shoes to rotate during your training. Your shoes usually need at least 24 hours to 'bounce back' from the pounding it takes on a long run, so rotating is a great solution to help keep you healthy and your legs feeling fresh!

....and don't forget to date the side of your soles, so you can remember when they need to be changed out for new ones. You shouldn't log more than 400-500 miles on a pair of shoes. And odds are, if you've had them for a few years - they are doing your legs more damage than good. So just toss them.

Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment