Run In A Million Ticker

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy....

Holidays!
and Happy, healthy new year!

Like most others, I had great plans for the holiday break. For example, maybe updating this blog and updating all of you on the great accomplishments made by the group in mileage, events, and contributions. I thought I might even get that treadmill serviced since I still continued to run outdoors through December (see video post on FB blog), start my training program, maybe even start to integrate other workouts....then on the east coast we got blasted with a few feet of snow that put those plans to a quick halt.

Well, the morning after the holiday snow storm, I woke with grand plans to kick start that training program and maybe even start that new years resolution early (train smarter). That's when things changed.

Doctors can't quite determine the root cause, but contributing to the situation was exhaustion, being run-down from the holidays, maybe dehydration or maybe it was some flu-bug going around. I woke up that morning to the achy, feverish feeling which usually precedes a flu virus. And before I could make it back my bed, my legs came out from underneath me and I collapsed and hit the floor. Thankfully, after a series of tests at the hospital, doctors ruled out anything serious and suggested I just lay low and not over-exert myself.

While there are countless, infinite number of new years resolutions we can all make to keep our running on course, it doesn't take much to be quickly reminded how thankful we can be for just having our health to be able to run.

At long last after two subsequent doctors appts and no other tests to be poked, proded, viewed, screened or pricked....I'm finally feeling better (and quite insulated from all the holiday eating) and even more anxious to get back out on the road. However, there's still that problem of the inoperable treadmill which runs at multiple start and stop speeds when you turn it on....

In addition to get myself out there -- I'm also entertaining suggestions on solutions for the treadmill...or even some options for a new models that can withstand the pounding of many long runs...

Stay healthy....run smart...and most of all, just keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment