Run In A Million Ticker

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Is this year going to be the same as last year?





Before making a decision to commit to more potential superfluous New Year's Resolutions, I looked at my resolutions last year and how I did.

Overall, I am happy with the miles and races. More importantly, I've got to figure out a way to stay healthy and not to over-train or push too hard, resulting in injury.

Since we've been in 0 degree weather, I've still trying to kick start my running - hoping that putting this on paper will get me going!! 




1. Run More:  Or more specifically, run more consistently
RESULT: In 2013, I logged over 619 miles, which was about 200 more than the previous year. In addition, I didn't allow work or vacation schedules from deterring me to go for a run. Besides my home state, I managed to log miles in 5 other states.



Vero Beach, FL
OBX, NC
Windham, NY 
Boston, MA
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
St Petersburg, FL


2. Run More Races:  Last year was a tough one, this year will be better
 
RESULT: I wasn't able to get longer runs into the race calendar, but I did manage a few races. And only 1 race did on register on-site, the others were a little more in advance, which was not common for me the previous year!


October: 5K Heart Walk, Parsippany, NJ
July: Warrior Dash, Windham, NY
March: 5K Run, Rutherford, NJ 
February: City Running Tours, Hoboken, NJ
January, 1st Day 5K

3. Run a New Distance:  Whether it's doing your first 5K, first Half or Marathon and Ultra -- we all have this one on our radar

RESULT: While I didn't get a chance to run a New competitive distance per se, I did run the Warrior Dash with friends, which was a great run!


 
4. PR:  Consistent running will help drive PRs

RESULT:  None to boast of this year, that I recorded - but was able to get out more.


SO, what's next for 2014?
What are you doing this year to help with your health and running? Expanding your races, picking more strategically 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment